Workshops 2,3,4,5 -Keiser University: 1500 NW 49th Street, Ft Lauderdale FL 33309
Broward SCORE'S 'Simple Steps' start-up business workshops help you prepare a blueprint for making your dreams for a business come true
Starting your own business is a tough decision!
You do not have to do it alone.
SCORE has developed a 5 part workshop series that will take you through the basics of starting up a business. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves & work with the instructors you'll come away with a good understanding of the specific challenges & opportunities you will face. You will have a financial plan, a marketing plan, and an estimation of the funding you will need to get started.
As you go through the workshops a mentor will be assigned to you who will assist you as you move forward from step to step.
Here's what you get:
Workshop #1: Ready to Start? Sat., Jan. 19, NWR Library, Coral Springs - 10:15 AM - 1:30 PM
- Myths & Realities of Entrepreneurship - The truth about business ownership
- Do you have what it takes - Assessing your skills & experience
- Know your options: Different types of businesses - A closer look at various ways of starting a business
- Making it legal - The nuts & bolts of launching a new business
- Business Plan Basics - Why you need a business plan
Workshop # 2: Great Idea! Wed., Feb. 6, Keiser University Ft Lauderdale, - 5-8 PM
- Getting your business idea - Steps to develop - Fine tune your business concept
- Doing market research - Steps to identify your target audience & learn how they buy
- Doing competitive research - How to know what your competitors are up to
- Pricing your product or service - Learning to properly price your product for business success
Workshop # 3: Marketing Your Business, Wed., Feb. 13, Keiser University, Ft Lauderdale - 5-8 PM
- Branding your business - Steps to creating your brand
- Developing your marketing plan - Crafting a plan to communicate your marketing message
- Marketing your business with socialm media - What you need to know to use social media effectively
Workshop # 4: Financial matters, Wed., Feb. 20, Keiser University, Ft Lauderdale - 5-8 PM
- Financial Planning - Why you need it - How to forecast your sales, costs, profits and assets
- Understanding and using financial statements- 3 primary financial statements you need to know about
- Finding financing for your business - How & where to start your search for capital
Workshop # 5: The Go or No Go Decision, Wed., Feb. 27, Keiser University, Ft Lauderdale - 5-8 PM
- Go or No-Go - Making the big decision about your business idea
- Next Steps with a SCORE mentor:
- Finalize your financial forecasts
- Develop your business plan
- Prepare Your Loan package
- Launch your business